So, we’re finally back from our holiday. The unpacking is done, and now it’s time for a break from the hard work that was our holiday!
From the day we left, our darling child has had hand, foot and mouth, and a stomach bug, which gives you a rough guide to our holiday pleasure. Even though he was ill all week, he still had an amazing time, exploring muddy puddles, parks, sand and ball pits, making new friends along the way. I just can’t believe how he is still so happy, with not a single complaint, even though he’s going through hell, when I see so many customers lamenting their lot about their sniffles. Now all we have to deal with, is teeth on the move again.
So my little man, has just had his first baking lesson, and wow! He absolutely loved it. The picture doesn’t do it justice, but believe me when I say they were absolutely scrumptious! Even better, they were done and ready to eat in half an hour. So if you want to give them a whirl, here’s the recipe.
• Preheat your oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and grease two baking sheets.
• Roll out 13oz of puff pastry at room temperature to 30cm square.
• Melt 1oz of unsalted butter in a pan, add 1oz of light brown sugar, and 5oz of raisins.
• Spread the mixture evenly over the pastry and then roll into a Swiss roll shape.
• Put into the fridge for 15 minutes.
• Slice into 12 even pieces and bake for 10~15 minutes until risen and golden.
• Place on a cooling rack and resist the urge for at least 10 minutes.
So I’m off to look for some more delicious and extremely easy recipes for my little boy to try. If you have some you would like to share, please feel free to either link them here, or on twitter or over on G+
I have found some wonderful recipes over at honest mum and we’re all invited to share our favourite recipes for #tastytuesdays
Click the link above to join in all the fun 😀